July UV Safety Rules June 30, 2015 by Molly Huff
With July being Ultraviolet (UV) Safety Month, this is a great time to spread the message of sun, fun and UV safety to your friends and family. UV radiation is the main cause of skin cancer and can also damage your eyes.
Protecting your skin and eyes from the sun's harmful rays can be easy with a few simple tips:
- Stay out of the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Do not let yourself burn - use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day. For extended outdoor activity, use a water-resistant, broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Avoid tanning and UV tanning booths.
- Cover up with clothing, including a broad-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses.
- Apply 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of sunscreen to your entire body 30 minutes before going outside.
- Keep newborns out of the sun. Suncreens should be used on babies over the age of six months.
- Examine your skin head-to-toe every month.
- See your physician every year for a professional skin exam.
Take care of your self, your skin and your eyes this summer while enjoying the pool, beach and all of your outdoor activities. For any minor injuries or illnesses, please visit our ExpressCare Clinic . Have a great summer from Affinity Health!
Tagged: uv protection, skin cancer protection, preventing skin cancer, uv eye protection, sunscreen, wearing sunscreen, protecting your skin, how to prevent skin cancer, uv safety month, affinity health tifton ga, expresscare clinic, expresscare affinity, uv safety, suntan lotion, tanning, dangers of tanning, protect your eyes, express care affinity, express care clinic, affinity weight loss center, affinity weight loss, weight loss tifton, losing weight tifton, help with weight loss tifton, healthwise, phase diet, healthwise tifton, b12/b complex injections, aesthetic and weight loss center tifton, obagi south georgia, obagi products tifton, skin care products south georgia, skin care products tifton, obagi affinity, botox affinity, botox aesthetic and weight loss center, tifton botox, south georgia botox, questions about botox, who does botox in tifton, lapband surgery, lapband surgery tifton, lapband surgery south georgia, weight loss surgery, weight loss surgery tifton, lap band surgery, lap band surgery tifton, lap band surgery south georgia, dr. chris smith, lap band surgeon, dr. smith tifton, tift regional weight loss, trmc weight loss, affinity health weight loss